The Executive Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors of the Assyrian Aid Society of America. It consists of the President, the Vice President, the Chief Financial Officer, and four members of the the Board.
The Executive Committee performs the functions delegated to it by the corporate bylaws and the Board of Directors and is subject to applicable rules, procedures, restrictions, resolutions, and requirements of the Board.
The Executive Committee holds at least one meeting each calendar month.
The duties of the AASA Executive Committee include:
- Defines, together with full Board, the mission, goals, and objectives of the AAS-A and facilitates effective processes of fulfilling them;
- Manages the AASA finances and budgets;
- Oversees AAS-A operational work in terms of development, execution, and ongoing management;
- Corroborates a greater coherence of views within the AASA;
- Reviews and makes decisions regarding recommendations from the Board of Directors;
- Strengthens global and regional associations;
- Facilitates better strategic directions for AAS-A and a more effective global participation in AAS-A initiatives;
- Conveys AAS-A values, activities, and strategic plans to partners, potential partners, and the public.